Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Benefit Queen Street Rockateur launch!






Last week was a very busy week in terms of blog business for By Mimi. I posted about my trip to London to visit the Breakthrough Breast Cancer Showroom, but I didn't tell you that on the same day I attended another event in Cardiff. Yup from Cardiff - London - Cardiff! That's bloggers dedication right there! 

The event that I was lucky enough to be invited to in the night was the Benefit Cosmetics Queen Street Rockateur launch party. Held in Tiger Tiger in Cardiff, which last year underwent a very decadent and elegant make over, the event was to celebrate the new blusher- the Rockateur.

On the night, we were treated to cocktails and nibbles (yup, there were cupcakes of course and mini burgers!) and also a very interesting and detailed demonstration by the Benefit Girls who showed us how to create a rockstar inspired look. I loved watching the tutorial as I'm  still a bit of a make up novice so to watch someone apply the makeup in the correct way was obviously helpful! 


The Rockateur blusher itself was gorgeous! It has a pink tone to it with a slight shimmer which looked amazing once applied to the skin. I'm not usually one for a lot on my cheeks, but it would definitely add a touch of glamour to any evening face and because it applies fairly lightly, it would definitely suit someone like me who only likes a slight touch. This also means you can apply more if you wish. The box and brush are the perfect size to pop into your bag for a night out or to keep neatly on your dresser. 


Some of the other products that I fell in love with on the night included the Pore Professional balm which minimises the appearance of pores - something I could always do with. The Benefit babes also demonstrated some of my fave Benefit products from They're Real Lashes and the Stay Flawless Primer to the Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow. 

I took a few pictures on the night but as I literally came straight from the coach from London to the event, they're not the best! 


I'd definitely recommend you checking out the Rockateur and next time you're in Cardiff  - head to Benefit Queen street and speak to the lovely Benebabes there! 

By Mimi






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment x